If your student will be absent or tardy from school, please call the school attendance line at 720-561-5542 or report an absence and/or tardy via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. See this page for instructions.
Automated calls, emails, and/or text messages go out for any unreported, or unexcused, absence and/or tardy from the School Messenger at 8:45 a.m. for morning attendance and again at 1 p.m. for afternoon attendance .
If a student is going to miss more than 2 consecutive days of school, documentation is required.
For additional information on our school absence and tardy policies, please view the Attendance section of our Student/Parent Handbook.
Extended absences of 3 or more days (for reasons other than illness) need to be arranged at least 2-weeks in advance. We hope that this will enhance communication between home and school so that we can appropriately support our children and encourage good attendance at school.
1. Please communicate with your student's teacher(s) that your student(s) will be out, and make arrangements for missed work.
- Regular school attendance in elementary school improves the chances that your child will read at grade level.
- Chronic absenteeism (missing 10 or more school days per year) is a primary cause of lower academic achievement even when the absences are "excused" or understandable.
- Students who attend 90% or more of the school year are more likely to graduate from high school on time.
- Absences can be a sign that a student is losing interest in school, struggling with school work, dealing with peer conflicts or facing some other potentially serious difficulty, and help is available.
- School Attendance, Truancy & Chronic Absenteeism: What Parents Need to Know
- Tips to Help Your Child Have a Healthy School Year
- Is Your Preschooler Ready for Kindergarten?
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)